Moringa oleifera commonly known as Horseradish Tree or Drumstick is an integral part of most of the South Indian delicacies especially sambar. Apart from giving a delicious taste to the food it also has a number of benefits essential for the human body.
An astonishing fact about Moringa is that all its parts namely roots, bark, leaves, flowers, fruits, pods and seeds are useful in some or the other way as they are full of nutrients and antioxidants.
Moringa leaves have been shown to contain almost 46 types of antioxidants and over 92 nutrients, making it one of the most powerful superfoods known to mankind. It contains Vitamins A, C and Vitamin B complex, proteins, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, chromium, and zinc and essential amino acids.
Moringa has the following health benefits which make it a superfood
- Detoxification & Cleansing: Moringa leaves are one of the most potent natural detoxifiers and also help in balancing the pH level of the body thus preventing diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory: Inflammation may cause chronic diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, cancer and arthritis. Moringa suppresses inflammatory enzymes thereby reducing the inflammation in the cells.
- Digestive Health: Moringa strengthens the digestive system helping in the absorption of essential nutrients from the food.
- Immune Booster: Moringa has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties thereby strengthening the immune system and preventing infections.
- Anti-ageing: Moringa possesses antiageing properties due to the presence of antioxidants which counter free radicals that cause premature ageing.
- Destressing & Brain Health: Moringa supports brain health due to the presence of Vitamin B12. Cognitive function is maintained because of Moringa’s antioxidant activities as it helps to normalize the secretion of neurotransmitters.
- Rich in antioxidants: Moringa leaves contain antioxidants called flavonoids, polyphenols and ascorbic acid which fight the free radicals preventing cell damage.
- Lowers cholesterol & protects cardiovascular system: Moringa helps in balancing cholesterol levels by preventing the plaque formation in the arteries and proving beneficial for the heart.
- Prevents anaemia: Moringa leaves help in preventing pernicious anaemia by supplementing the body with Iron and Vitamin B12 which are essential for the red blood cells.
- Strengthens teeth & bones: It helps in strengthening teeth and bones due to the presence of Vitamin D3 and Calcium.
Pure Nutrition Moringa Vital contains Moringa leaf extract along with other ingredients in the blend which makes it an excellent natural multivitamin and trace mineral supplementation. The blend contains moringa oleifera powder, spirulina, gooseberry, chlorella, wheat grass, mushroom blend & pepper extract.
It is perfect for people who have vitamin and nutritional deficiencies, ageing related problems, detoxing and immune building.
Dr. Orlina Solomon (BAMS)
Toll-Free: 1800 120 9882